I have two amazing recipes to share with you. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures of my own as I cooked these delicious bites so you will just have to trust me that they look and taste…well…wonderful.
My obsession with Pinterest led me to both of these recipes. The base for both of them is crescent rolls. How simple, right? If you are anything like me, you usually have a tube of those in your fridge so it’s likely easy to throw one of these two recipes together tonight if you want to! The two recipes are Crescent Pepperoni Roll-ups and Crescent S’mores. Sound good? Both of these were taken to a Christmas party last night and were well received. And both of these have Jon’s stamp of approval. And if those aren’t good enough for you, look at the recipes for yourself and give them a whirl! Enjoy!
Crescent Pepperoni Roll-ups
What you’ll need:
- 1 can of refrigerated crescent rolls
- About 32-40 slices of pepperoni of your choosing
- 4 pieces of mozzarella string cheese, cut in half
- Garlic powder
- Pizza sauce
Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Unroll the crescents and separate into 8 separate triangles
- Place 4-5 slices of pepperoni onto the widest part of each crescent roll (the recipe said 5, I was only able to get 4 on mine without them falling off — do what you can)
- Top the pepperoni with string cheese half and roll up
- Sprinkle crescent rolls with garlic powder
- Place rolls on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown
- Serve with a side of warm pizza sauce
- String cheese is not necessary, but certainly easier and less messy. If you run out (like I happened to thanks to my string-cheese-loving-husband), shredded cheese works just as well.
- When baking your crescents, start on the lower end of time. I cooked mine for 12 minutes and they were very golden brown. Just keep an eye on them.
What you’ll need:
- A roll of refrigerated crescent rolls
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
What you need to do:
- Preheat the oven according to the directions on the crescent package
- Unroll the crescents and separate into 8 triangles
- Place an ample handful of chocolate chips onto the widest part of each crescent roll (but careful not to overflow)
- Place about 5 mini marshmallows on top of each pile of chocolate chips (they may not want to stay so you may have to do the next step in conjunction with this one…)
- Roll up each crescent roll
- Place on baking sheet and bake according to package directions
- Try to enclose the ends (to a point, anyway) as you wrap these up. It will keep all of the goodness inside (though do expect some of the marshmallow to leak out as it bakes).
- These are best when served warm. If you don’t happen to eat them all when they come out of the oven, about 10-15 seconds in the microwave will do the trick.