Rice krispy treats. The snack that takes you back to your childhood. 🙂
How can you not smile when you think of rice krispies? And especially the cereal! I mean, pouring the bowl and listening to it speak back to you. As a child, you thought that was magical, didn’t you? Yeah, you did.
These did not last long in our house…not with a true lover of rice krispies.
And, as many times as I have made this before (given, it’s been many years), I didn’t know exactly how much of what ingredients to put in to make this delectable dessert! (Shameful, I know. But I am willing to admit that to you.) So, I took to searching and found a few recipes and off to the kitchen I went! And here’s what I took with me:
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 4 cups of mini marshmallows (or 10 ounces of large marshmallows — but I like the smaller ones better [they melt faster])
- 6 cups of rice krispies
Here’s what I did:
- In a large saucepan, melt better over low heat
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted
- Remove pan from heat and add rice krispies; stir until well coated
- Press mixture into greased pan of your choice (depends on how thick you want them!)
I bet it’ll be hard to eat just one because you’ll find them sooo good!