In December, for a gathering with friends, I made a cheese ball — the same cheese ball as someone else who attended! To be fair, I got the recipe from her 2 years ago…but still! What are the odds?
So why did two of us make the same cheese ball? (Well, I made a cheese ball because I got some adorable cheese spreaders for Christmas. But that’s beyond the point…) Because it’s delish. And easy to make. That is all that needs to be said. I mean, what more needs to be said.
What you need to make this:
- 2-8 ounce cream cheese packages, softened
- 1 dry ranch dressing mix
- Crushed peppercorns
What you do:
- Mix together the cream cheese and dry ranch dressing mix until fully combined.
- Put mixing bowl, with cheese mixture, into the fridge for about an hour.
- Form the cheese into a ball shape.
- Lay some peppercorns onto a sheet of wax or parchment paper.
- Roll the ball into the peppercorns, coating every side.
- Plate on a pretty dish, add a cheese spreader, some crackers and enjoy!
I recommend serving Triscuits with this. I prefer the Thin Crisp Triscuits — but the original are good, as well. Take to any gathering or serve as an appetizer before dinner and it will be a hit!