I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: breakfast foods are one of our favorite foods in this house. From cinnamon roll waffles, to scrambled eggs, to potatoes, we love it! Breakfast for dinner is a common theme around here. The potatoes are a favorite of mine. Jon enjoys them, too — but I am the potato-aholic in this family. I could live off potatoes and be happy.
Because I love them so much, I want to share a recipe with you. Breakfast Potatoes.
I have made these for several years. It’s a concoction all of my own, although I am sure I drew inspiration from other sources to make this delectable dish (however, I am not sure where so I am unable to site my source).
For you to make this dish, you need only the following:
- 3-4 medium-sized Russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Olive oil, 1-2 tablespoons
To cook it up…
- Peel your potatoes, if desired, and dice into small cubes (the smaller the potato bits, the quicker it will cook)
- While peeling/cutting your potatoes, heat your oil in a saute pan (or other pan with a large surface area)
- Place your potatoes in the pan, sprinkle with garlic powder, paprika and cayenne pepper — mix well
- Stirring frequently, cook for about 20-25 minutes (or until potatoes are fork tender) on medium to medium-high heat
- Serve along side your other favorite breakfast foods
And there you have this phenomenal dish. We enjoy it in our house, and I hope you can too!